The department of Primary Care and Preventive Medicine specializes besides primary care, in nutritional-related diseases and exercise and rehabilitation.
Aims to improve the health of individuals and offer among others services:
- GP, Primary Care – out / in - Patient Consultations.
- Prevention and Control of Chronic Diseases such as Cardiovascular Disease (Prevention-«primary, secondary and tertiary» of Heart Disease, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Hypertension, Cancer, etc.).
- Nutritional Related Diseases for kids and adults - such as Obesity, Anorexia Neurosa, Cholesterol Management, Gastrointestinal diseases such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Severe Constipation, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Gastritis, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GOR) etc.
- Special Attention to each patient’s medical problems and create Individual Nutritional, Exercise and Pharmaceutical Plans to optimize lifestyle and minimize risk factors.
- Day Care Treatment unit for Osteoporosis / Intravenous / Subcutaneous Treatments.
- Specialization in Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition.
The department is under the direction of Dr. Kristy Konnarides-Soteriou a primary care physician who specializes in preventive medicine and nutrition related diseases (e.g. hypercholesterolemia, osteoporosis, anorexia nervosa, obesity, hypertension etc.) Dr. Konnarides-Soteriou and her team pay special attention to each patient’s medical problems and create individual nutritional, exercise and pharmaceutical plans to optimize lifestyle and minimize cardiac risk factors.
Kristy Soteriou - Konnarides