The American Medical Center (AMC) is a state of the art health care facility that offers a wide range of medical services. It originally started as a specialized cardiovascular Institute, known as the American Heart Institute (AHI) offering diagnostic and interventional cardiology services, cardiac prevention and rehabilitation services, as well as the entire spectrum of adult cardiothoracic surgery. It was founded in 1999 as the first private hospital of its type in Cyprus and since 2001 it has maintained an agreement with the Ministry of Health to accept and treat state – referred patients.
In 2004 the American Heart Institute was bestowed with the ISO 9001:2000 Certificate by the TUV Rheinland/Germany, relating to the quality management system for the patient admission, treatment and discharge processes. The Certificate has been successfully maintained by annual audits.
In 2011, the Institute moved to its new premises and started offering a variety of health services; hence the ISO 9001:2008 has been amended to cover the whole facility (AMC) until 2016. The scope of the Certificate now covers the following processes and services: patient admission, diagnostic, treatment, discharge processes and services offered by the hospital to the joining physicians.
Our mission to provide the highest quality of care to patients extends beyond the non-clinical framework. The AMC Hotel Services, including the food and beverage services have been bestowed with the ISO22000:2005 Certification. Additionally, all our Public Health and Safety processes, procedures and systems are ratified through our Risk Management system, based on the internationally well-known ISO18000:2007 Certification.
The activities, the pioneering state of the art facilities and the internationally renown staff of the American Medical Center, make it a Center of Excellence and contribute substantially in raising the standards of Health Care in Cyprus and the Region.
is to provide the highest quality of care to patients, in an ecologically friendly environment, that is safe, technologically advanced and staffed with competent professionals.
is to be a Center of Excellence for Health Care.
• To offer a complete spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic options without unnecessary waiting periods.
• To continually evaluate our practice and strive for excellence and perfection.
• To work as a team that is responsive in meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve.
• To care with compassion and competence all those who place their trust and lives in our hands.
• All patients should receive the best in health care at every stage of their illness.
• The doctor-patient relationship is based on trust and sharing information and the patient plays a key role in decision- making.
• Patient and family education is an integral part of care.