Astras George MD, MRCP, MSc(UK)
Semmelweis University Of Medicine
Nicosia General Hospital, Cyprus
Clinical Research Fellow in Medical Oncology
Member of the European Society Of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
Member of the American Society Of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Member of the Oncology Multi-Disciplinary Teams at the American Medical Centre (AMC)
Member of Cyprus Medical Association
Member of Cyprus Oncology Society
Lung, Breast, Gastro-intestinal, Renal Cancers, Sarcomas and Melanomas.
Involvement International Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials.
Development of Acute Oncology Service.
Development of End of Treatment Assessment-Oncology follow up and Assessment Guidelines.
Development of Oncology-Triage Guidelines.
Peer Review member of the European Medical Journal of Oncology.
Co – Developer of Electronic Prescribing System of Oncology
Co-author of the Medical Oncology Handbook for RBCH.
Development of Oncology e-learning modules.
Development of Patient Educational Neutropenic Sepsis DVD.
Training of Nurses & Doctors in Oncology, (Dorset Cancer Network, Royal Marsden Hospital
- Dunlop, M. G., S. E. Dobbins, et al. (2012). “Common variation near CDKN1A, POLD3 and SHROOM2 influences colorectal cancer risk.” Nat Genet 44(7): 770-776.
- G.Astras,Hickish.T ,L.Purandare Diagnosis and managemnet of Isolated Pituitary Metastasis from adenocarcinoma of uknown origin presenting as losss of libido. July 2012
- G.Astras ,L.Purandare-Use of Avastin in cutaneous metastatic breast cancer July 2012
- Geldart, T. and G. Astras (2011). “Isolated CNS relapse in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive esophagogastric cancer: effective treatment with trastuzumab after failure of surgery and radiotherapy.” J Clin Oncol 29(23): e664-665.
- Hickish, T., G. Astras, et al. (2009). “Glucose intolerance during adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer.” J Natl Cancer Inst 101(7): 537.
- An epidemiological assessement of the lifestyle Factors which may be associated with the development of Barretts oesophagus-CARBO study- Dr David Kerr,Dr T.Hickish,Dr.G.Astras,Dr.J.Ainley Jan 2007