Ioannou Kyriakos, MD Phd
Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Nephrology Department, General Hospital of Veria and Organ Transplant Unit, Hippokration General Hospital of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Honorary Clinical and Research Fellow in Nephrology at Leicester General Hospital, UK.
- Basic research on podocytes cultures, investigating the mechanisms of proteinuria in proteinuric disease and the effect of statins on podocytes structure and intracellular functions.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Peritoneal Dialysis Unit, Nephrology Department
PhD of School of Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
Thesis: « Microalbuminuria and other early markers of cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic renal failure»
- Consultant Nephrologist MD, PhD
- Member of the Cyprus Society of Nephrology
- Member of the Hellenic Society of Nephrology
- Member of the European Dialysis Transplantation Society (EDTA)
- Scientific Collaborator in Nephrology at the School of Medicine, European University, Cyprus
- Cardiovascular disease in chronic kidney disease
- Mechanisms of proteinuria in kidney disease
- Cyprus Renal Registry Representative at the European Registry of the European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplantation Association (ERA-EDTA) since 2013
- Cyprus Representative at the European Kidney and Urine Proteomics Action (EuroKUP) FP7/2007-2013 (2009-2013)
215, Spyrou Kyprianou Ave.
P.O. Box 25610, 1311
Tel: + 357 22 476 661
Fax: + 357 22 322 770