Theodorides A Anthony, MBBS, BSc (Hons), MRCS, MSc (Engin), CCT(UK) FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Imperial College, London, UK
St Mary’s Hospital, St Thomas Hospital, Guy’s Hospital
Yorkshire Deanery, CCT, UK
Substantive Post CCT Fellowship Training
Aug 2019 – Feb 2020 Senior Knee Fellowship
University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry (Mr Tim Spalding)
Jan 2019 – Aug 2019 Senior Knee Fellowship
Southmead Hospital, Bristol, (Mr Jonathan Eldridge, Mr Andrew Porteous)
July 2018 – Dec 2018 Senior Knee Fellowship
University Hospitals Southampton (Mr Chapman-Sheath, Mr Tice)
Jan 2018 – Jun 2018 Senior Knee Fellowship
Fortius Clinic, London (Mr Sam Church, Mr Jonathon Lavelle)
Mar 2017 – Dec 2017 Senior Knee Fellowship
Chapel Allerton Hospital (Mr Owen Wall)
July 2019 Gelenkpunkt Clinic, Innsbruck, Austria (Professor Christian Fink, Dr Christian Hoser)
Nov 2018 Travelling UK fellowship to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire (Mr Tim Spalding) – Basingstoke Hospital, Mr Mike Risebury (Mr Yasen)
Dec 2017 International Knee and Joint Centre, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Dr Charlie Brown, Mr James Robinson)
Oct 2017 Travelling UK Fellowship to Fortius Clinic (Mr Andy Williams) – University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire (Mr Tim Spalding)
Jan 2017 International Knee and Joint Centre, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Dr Charlie Brown, Mr James Robinson)
- General Medical Council, UK
- Greek Medical Association
- Cyprus Medical Association
Subspecialisation in sports knee injuries
Lower limb injury prevention programme
ACL injury prevention programme
Programmes preventing onset of anterior knee pain, tendinopathies and patella instability
Sports knee injuries
ACL reconstruction (adult and paediatric)
Lateral extraarticular tenodesis
Revision ACL reconstruction
MCL, PCL, and PLC repair and reconstructions
Multiligament knee injuries
Patella and quadriceps tendon injuries
Meniscal repair (all inside, inside out, outside in)
Osteochondral Autograft/Allograft Transplantation Surgery (OATS)
Anterior knee pain
Patellofemoral Instability (dislocating/subluxing patella)
Patella and quadriceps tendinopathy
Tibial tubercle osteotomy
Iliotibial band lengthening
High tibial osteotomy
Distal femur osteotomy
Tibial slope corrective osteotomy
Total knee Replacements
Unicompartmental Knee Replacements
Patellofemoral Knee Replacements
Revision total knee replacements
Platelet Rich Plasma
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon at Athens Medical Centre, Marousi, Athens, Greece
- Visiting Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon at American Medical Centre, Nicosia
- Extensive subspecialist interest in sports knee injuries having worked in internationally acclaimed hospitals in the UK where he lived for 30+ years
- He has performed over 6000 operations in the UK where he worked for 17 years
- Graduated from Imperial College, London, and undertook all his training in the UK
- 3 years completing 5 senior knee fellowships at distinguished centres of excellence for knees in London, Coventry, Leeds, Bristol, and Southampton
- Extensive experience in sports knee injuries having worked next to pioneers in the field who look after elite international athletes from all sports including Premiership football and rugby clubs
- Extensive experience in knee arthroplasty (partial, patellofemoral, total and revision knee) from working in numerous tertiary referral centres in the UK
- Whilst always keeping up to date with advances in knee surgery, he strongly believes in providing the highest quality in evidence based operative and conservative treatment to patients
1) Diagnosis and Management of Chondral Delamination injuries of the Knee.
Theodorides AA, Williams A, Guthrie H, Church S.
The Knee, 2019; 26(3): 647-652.
2) Two stage Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Our Experience Using Allograft Bone Dowels.
Theodorides AA, Wall O.
Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2019; 27(2):1-9.
3) Can the radiopaque marker in surgical swabs scratch orthopaedic implant surfaces?
Theodorides AA, Stewart TD, Venkatesh R.
European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, 2019; 29(2): 383-388.
4) Intraoperative mobilisation of the joint specific synovial mesenchymal stem cells.
Baboolal TG, Khalil-Khan A, Theodorides AA, Wall O, Jones E, McGonagle D.
American Journal of Sports Medicine, 2018; 46(14): 3532-3540.
5) The role of elastomeric pumps in postoperative analgesia and factors affecting flow rate.
Journal Perioperative Practice, 2017; 27(12): 276-282.
6) Analysis of flow rate through elastomeric local infiltration analgesia pumps.
EC Orthopaedics, 2017; 6(1): 3-14.
7) Factors affecting short and long-term outcomes of manipulation under anaesthesia in patients with adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.
Theodorides AA, Owen JM, Sayers AE, Woods DA.
Shoulder and Elbow, 2014; 6(4): 245-256.
8) Brachial plexus injury following the use of LARS suture passer during an open Weaver-Dunn procedure.
Theodorides AA, Watkins CEL, Venkateswaran B.
Journal of Shoulder Elbow Surgery, 2013; 22(5): e1-5.
9) Is there a learning curve in foot and ankle surgery.
Walton R, Theodorides AA, Melling D, Molloy A.
Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2012; 18(1): 62-65.
10) Failure of the Cannulok revision hip prosthesis.
Hashim Z, Theodorides AA, Rawes M.
Injury Extra, 2012; 43(10): 117-118.
11) Treatment of post-operative infections following proximal femoral fractures: our institutional experience.
Theodorides AA, Pollard TCB, Fishlock A, Mataliotakis GI, Kelley T, Thakar C, Willett KM, Giannoudis PV.
Injury, 2011; 42(S5): S28-34.
12) Wound problems following hip arthroplasty before and after the introduction of a direct thrombin inhibitor for thromboprophylaxis.
Gill SK, Theodorides AA, Smith N, Maguire E, Whitehouse SL, Rigby MA, Ivory JP.
Hip International, 2011; 21(6): 678-683.
13) Haemodynamic instability from a low energy pubic ramus fracture in a 78-year-old woman. A case report and review of the literature.
Theodorides AA, Morgan BW, Simmons D.
Injury, 2011; 42(7): 722-724.
14) MRI appearances of the femur following bone graft harvesting using the reamer-irrigator-aspirator system.
Tan HB, Theodorides AA, Rankine JJ, Kanakaris NK, Giannoudis PV.
Injury, 2011; 42(S3): S21.
15) Return to sports, sexual function and quality of life following traumatic pelvic fracture.
Harvey-Kelly KF, Obakponovwe O, Theodorides AA, Kanakaris NK, Giannoudis PV.
Injury, 2011; 42(S3): S23-24.
16) Intra-articular dislocation of the patella: A case report and review of the literature.
Theodorides AA, Guo S, Case R.
Injury Extra, 2010; 41: 103-105.
17) The surgical management of symptomatic chronic pilonidal sinus.
Theodorides AA, Koralage D, Ijaz S, Chopada A.
Colorectal Disease, 2004; 6(S2): 48.
18) A novel technique of small umbilical hernia repair in children.
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2004; 86(4): 305-6
19) The evolution of radiofrequency ablation (VNUS CLOSURE) as a minimally invasive treatment option for varicose veins.
Phlebology, 2004; 45: 285-288.