Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery is the part of Orthopedic Surgery dealing with the Diagnosis and Treatment of problems of the Musculoskeletal system of Children.
Typically, those problems are a result of an injury, infection or other medical conditions like Cerebral Palsy, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Mucoplysaccharidosis, Hereditary Multiple Exostoses and any other syndrome or medical condition.
Some of the Conditions we see and Treat
- Trauma: Fractures, ligament and muscle injuries, joint dislocations etc
- Infections of the muscles, bones and joints
- Congenital and Acquired Deformities of the bones, tendons, muscles, joints
- Fibular or Tibial Hemimelia
- Femoral Deficiencies
- Development Dysplasia and Dislocation of the Hip
- Varus / Valgus Knees
- Flat Foot
- Club Foot Deformity
- Congenital Dislocation of the Radial Head of the elbow
- Spine deformities like Scoliosis and Kyphosis
- Conservative Treatment, physiotherapy and activity modifications.
- Treatment of fractures with Intramedullary Elastic Nails fixation and other methods.
- Serial Casting (Ponseti method).
- Surgical Correction of Deformities using Growth Plate Regulation Devices (“8-plates”).
- Lengthening of bones and Correction of Congenital and Acquired Deformities using External Fixation Devices like Taylor Spatial Frame, Ilizarov and fully implanted Magnetic Nails (“Precice Nail”).
- Conservative and Surgical Treatment for Spine Deformities like Scoliosis, kyphosis etc.