American Medical Center/American Heart Institute (AMC/AHI) is a state of the art health care facility that was founded in 1999 as the first private specialized cardiovascular Institute. In 2011 after moving to its new facilities AMC/AHI started offering a wide range of medical and surgical services and collaborates with highly experienced and competent professionals along with specialized nursing and administrative staff.
Consistent with its mission, AMC/AHI has opted to become an ISO certified establishment.
The qualifications maintained throughout the years since 2004 are:
ISO 9001:2015 by TÜV Rheinland/Germany for patient admission, diagnostic treatment, discharge processes and services offered by the hospital to the joining physicians
Our mission to provide the highest quality of care to patients extends beyond the non-clinical framework. The AMC Hotel Services, including the food and beverage services have been bestowed with:
ISO 22000:2005 by QMSCERT for preparation and trade of foods and beverages for the staff, for the visitors and for the patients of the clinic
Additionally, all our Public Health and Safety processes, procedures and systems are ratified through our Risk Management system, based on the internationally well-known certificate:
ISO 18001:2007 by QMSCERT for provision of medical and nursing activities
The activities, the pioneering state of the art facilities and the internationally renown staff of the American Medical Center, make it a Center of Excellence and contribute substantially in raising the standards of Health Care in Cyprus and the Region.
OUR MISSION is to provide the highest quality of care to patients, in an ecologically friendly environment, that is safe, technologically advanced and staffed with competent professionals.
OUR VISION is to be a Center of Excellence for Health Care.
- To offer a complete spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic options without unnecessary waiting periods.
- To continually evaluate our practice and strive for excellence and perfection
- To work as a team that is responsive in meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve.
- To care with compassion and competence all those who place their trust and lives in our hands.
- All patients should receive the best in health care at every stage of their illness.
- The doctor-patient relationship is based on trust and sharing information and the patient plays a key role in decision- making.
- Patient and family education is an integral part of care.